Thursday, January 22, 2009

And the Stars, in Their Multitude...

So, after a pretty damned awesome day (only the end of maths and the realisation from Drama Prod. made it less than fully awesome), I'm all ready to settle in, watch me some telly (Ugly Betty, Supernatural, Private Practice), and go to sleep.

What was so awesome about today?
1. Ballroom dance class! Had to be the guy, as there are never enough, but learned 'dance position', the cha-cha and some basic steps. Also got to dance with some lovely ladies.
2. I think I'm making friends in my theatre classes. Alicia, Nelsie, Owain (spelled the Welsh way!), Al. So maybe I'll soon feel less lonely.
3. On my way back from maths, one of the horse-drawn carriage drivers called out to me. She dropped her whip, which I fetched. She then rewarded me by driving me part of the way back home. A $60 privilege for free! Granted it was only about half a block, but that's not the point. I got to lean back, relax and stare at the hundreds of stars in the clear sky. Beautiful, majestic, made my problems seem as stupid and trivial as they are...

What sucked?
1. May not be able to graduate by December. Gorram it! I can't stay in school so much longer. No money for tuition, no job to get money for tutition, no desire to stay...
2. That I actually didn't find one guy to prove they aren't all the same. Still just Matt and Craig and Mat on that one...

No comments: